I thought of a few other words that he didn't mention in his video:
- There, their and they're (they are).
- Your and you're (you are).
There are times that I use abbreviations of words when typing on Twitter or sending texts since there are character limitations (140 and 160 respectively). However, I still use contractions correctly and the proper form of a word (eg: red or read).
- any1 = anyone | every1 = everyone
- b = be
- b4 = before
- c = see
- pls or plz = please
- r = are
- u = you | ur = your | u're = you're
- 2 = to | 2day = today | 2morro = tomorrow | 2B = to be
- 4 = for | 4ward = forward
When I write contracts for our business or content for our websites and blogs, I'm vigilant about making sure that the words are spelled correctly. In addition, I make sure that the proper use of grammar is followed to ensure that what I write 'reads' as I intend it to be.
Enjoy the video.